Pink’s Hot Dogs, 72 years in Los Angeles, at the same location

21 January 2012 | Author/Destination: | Rubric: General, Los Angeles

Los Angeles Mayor Hahn and Henry Winkler (the Fonz) © pinkshollywood.com

Los Angeles Mayor Hahn and Henry Winkler (the Fonz) © pinkshollywood.com

Pink’s Hot Dogs is a landmark hot dog restaurant in the Hollywood district of the city of Los Angeles. Pink’s was founded by Paul and Betty Pink in 1939 as a pushcart near the corner of La Brea and Melrose. The Great Depression was still having an impact on the country, and money was scarce. People could purchase a chili dog made with Betty’s own chili recipe accompanied by mustard and onions on a steamed bun for 10 cents each. As business grew, thanks to Betty’s chili and the custom-made Hoffy-brand hot dogs with their natural casings, so did Pink’s. The family built the current building in 1946 at 709 North La Brea.   read more…

Return to Top ▲Return to Top ▲