Chapel of Reconciliation in Berlin

9 November 2020 | Author/Destination: | Rubric: Berlin, General

© Immanuel Giel

© Immanuel Giel

The Chapel of Reconciliation (German: Kapelle der Versöhnung) is a place of worship in Berlin, Germany. It stands on the site of the old Church of Reconciliation (German: Versöhnungskirche), on Bernauer Strasse in the Mitte district. The church was completed in 1894 as an imposing brick-built building by the architect Gotthilf Ludwig Möckel, in the Gothic revival style. It sustained some damage in the Second World War, and still had a deactivated American bomb in the basement discovered during its reconstruction in 1999, but the church survived the war.   read more…

Return to Top ▲Return to Top ▲